Level 1: Cadet

Home Network Gateway 7.2 netcomm 3g9wb flashing all indicators twice per second and doesn’t boot

Hello,

I have a problem with my Bigpond Moble Data Modem Home Network Gateway 7.2 netcomm 3g9wb F/W 3G9WB8790...It is flashing all indicators (~twice per second e.g. ~2Hz) and doesn’t boot anymore. It happened few days ago on a hot sunny day. For obvious reasons it doesn’t respond to a ping or a telnet command. LAN, WiFi and Internet do not work either.  I didn’t try reset to default settings. All I have tried is turn it off and on again- no changes.

Any help?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Home Network Gateway 7.2 netcomm 3g9wb flashing all indicators twice per second and doesn’t boot

factory reset is your next and probably only option, if it still doesn't spring back to life and it is outside of your warranty period?? then it might be time to buy a new modem, Bigpond sell them cheap to members
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Home Network Gateway 7.2 netcomm 3g9wb flashing all indicators twice per second and doesn’t boot

Hi nocturnus,

If still no luck fixing this yourself. I recommend to contact our BigPond Technical Support Team on 133 933 available anytime.

If you're out of contract, there are certainly recontracting options you can take and get a new device.

Please go to Mobile Broadband for more info on the type of devices and plans available to you.

I hope this helps. Please keep us updated. Thanks. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 1: Cadet

We have this now as well - however have found that we needed a new power adapter for it - having a technical son, he tried another power adapter and this fixed the gateway, however we cannot purchase another one, so will have to source one of these.  We require an adapter which is 2 amps.  Once we pluged this in the the gateway connected the same as before.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more