nointerest
Level 2: Rookie

Home Network

I have just ungraded all PC's to Windows 10, I cannot no longer access devices on my home network. If I use a Neatgear router all is fine (Phone does not work). I have a feeling that somewhere there must be a setting to adapt to Windows 10??

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Home Network

How are you connecting your PC's? by cable or Wi-Fi?  if they are on wi-Fi, try a cable and see if that works?

Also, which modem do you have - make and model (probably on a label on the bottom)?

Is the modem/NBN a new addition?

What indicators are showing on the modem (front/back or top) and what colors? Photos might help.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
nointerest

Steve, All connections are via Ethernet, The modem is NOT a Technicolor software package ...I have been using the modem without any trouble for a couple of years... It appears like windows 10 broke the good luck I was having... JFI, Netgear router works just fine, except there is no land line connection. 

SteveW_52

OK..  I have not experienced any issue with Windows 10 itself causing loss of connectivity, but have all the updates occurred? and have the PC's been rebooted after being connected to the problem modem post W10 installation?

If you look at the properties of the network connections, do you see IPv4/IPV6 information (hopefully not a 169.XXX.XXX.XXX addresses) and Gateway and DNS information?

Did the modem work with the same PC's before they were updated to Windows 10? 

And if the modem is not a Technicolor /Arcadyan type, what make model is it and did you supply it yourself?

What type of Internet do you have - what sort of internet connection is there to the modem - WAN/DSL?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
nointerest

Steve, The modem is a Telstra modem, Arcadyan software package.. Everything was working fine until the PC's were loaded with Windows 10... I have also noted that the modem has started to sign ip address's like  192.168.1.xx. Such an assignment makes the DNS search useless. From what I can tell the software looks like it mat well be 7-10 years old??? 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more