MLA1
Level 1: Cadet

How set up Google Nest Wifi Router with Telstra modem.

I have moved to an apartment that has a NBN connection via DSL cable to my Telstra Gen 2 Smart Modem.  Internet works.  However, I wish to hook up my Google Nest Wifi router and points again.  I have connected the Google router to a LAN port on the back of the modem and the globe point on the router.  I am unable to locate the router on the google home app when it searches for devices.  The router is showing a steady white light at the front.  

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: How set up Google Nest Wifi Router with Telstra modem.

You should only need to connect the google nest to a LAN port on the Telstra modem. Select DHCP as connection type if google Nest does not automatically connect. The Google nest should not be connected to any other port on the modem. What globe point are you connected to on the modem?

MLA1
Level 1: Cadet

I have connected the Google Nest Wifi Router to one of the 4 yellow LAN ports on the back of the Telstra modem.  It then is connected to the WAN port on the Google Nest Wifi Router.  My Google home app on my iPhone can not find the Google Nest Wifi Router.

My understanding (limited) of doing it the above way means that I effectively have 2 modems.  

I have now put my Telstra modem into “bridge” mode but am still not able to locate the Google Nest wifi router as a device for adding to my Google Home app.

cf4

Have you turned of the WiFi on the Telstra modem?

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more