Level 2: Rookie

How to connect ASUS ZEN XT8 to Telstra Smart Modem GEN1 and GEN2

Hi

I am having connectivity issues with ASUS ZEN XT8.

On Telstra Smart Modem GEN1 , it kept having drop-outs.

On Telstra Smart Modem GEN2 , I was not able to get any connections to Telstra Internet at all.

Reaching out for assistance. Much approeciate :-)

https://www.asus.com/Networking-IoT-Servers/Whole-Home-Mesh-WiFi-System/ZenWiFi-WiFi-Systems/ASUS-Ze...

Regards

Phill

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: How to connect ASUS ZEN XT8 to Telstra Smart Modem GEN1 and GEN2

Try turning of Protected Management Frames (Wi-Fi PMF) in the modem's advanced WiFi settings for both WiFi bands.

Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Re: How to connect ASUS ZEN XT8 to Telstra Smart Modem GEN1 and GEN2

Hi - do you have a pair of these or has someone given you just one of them. They are more advanced than both Telstra modems, so are you trying to use the the Telstra modems in Bridge mode because you are on ADSL2 / FTTN VDSL2 and need the telephone cable connection for your broadband service? If not and you are on FTTC/NBN HFC, you can plug a LAN cable from the first ZEN unit's Internet port into the FTTC NCD or HFC modem and not use the Telstra modems at all. The second Zen will pair wirelessly with the first Zen using ASUS AiMesh by powering up adjacent to the first Zen. 

Is there a previous telephone service requirement as well currently provided via the Gen 1 or Gen 2 modem's Phone port. 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more