Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

How to get the Telstra Smart Modem if you're an existing long-term Telstra customer?

Hi,

We've had a Telstra supplied Sagemcom F@ST 5355 modem since being on the NBN from March 2017.

Apart from our initially supplied modem dying after about a year (which was immediately swapped over at our Telstra shop) it generally works well, except the connection drops out repeatedly on windy days. This was never the case in the pre-NBN days on ADSL.

How can we upgrade to the Telstra Smart Modem which has the 4G Wi-Fi backup for when the connection drops out?

Is it possible to get one at the Telstra shop as a replacement or do I need to purchase it?

Much Appreciated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: How to get the Telstra Smart Modem if you're an existing long-term Telstra customer?

You current modem is out of warranty so you would need to purchase one for $216. You can pay it off by installments and have it added to your monthly fee. A cheaper alternative is to buy one second hand. I have seen them for $30 in cash converters. There are two versiions one made by Arcadyan (LH1000) the other by Technicolor (DJA0231). The Technicolor version is the better modem.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more