nicksowerby
Level 4: Private Eye

How to port forward from a Telstra Frontier techicolour 228c47

Answered

Hi,

My port forwarding to external cameras has worked fine until last week. No idea why my external connection stopped working.

I have been unable to get this to work since then.

I have a static IP. I make a port forwarding rule using my internal ip 192.168.0.180 as destination and  8888 as wan and lan  port

I reserve the same Ip number in static lease together with the mac number of the DVR.

I still am unable to connect to the dvr using Ip as my static ip and gateway as the ip I set as destination.

Any ideas would be gratefully received

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: How to port forward from a Telstra Frontier techicolour 228c47

Have you tried restoring the modem back to factory defaults and reconfiguring your static IPs and then port forwards? Make sure you restart the modem after settings the internal static IPs

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Have you tried restoring the modem back to factory defaults and reconfiguring your static IPs and then port forwards? Make sure you restart the modem after settings the internal static IPs

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

nicksowerby
Level 4: Private Eye

yes. that was the answer thanks. Forgot the need to reboot each time i changed anything in the modem.

thanks

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more