Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

How to reboot a CG3100D-2 remotely when in bridged mode.

Hi all,

I have recently purchased an Apple Airport Extreme to handle all my WIFI + NAT as the netgear cannot handle the load.

Anyways, every now and then the CG3100D-2 needs a reboot, normally i'd remotely login and goto Diagnostics, then reboot.

Thing is, now its in bridged mode, that option is not longer available.

I know with the original CG3100D you can do this, but not with v2?

I can still login via the 192.168.100.1 (bridged mode default IP) but no options to reboot.

Any help? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: How to reboot a CG3100D-2 remotely when in bridged mode.

The CG3100 had what was known as an MTA staus page and a button that allowed for rebooting in bridged mode, BUT for some unknown reason with 2 it's not available, therefore in bridge mode you can't remotely reboot I'm afraid.

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Highlighted

You just confirmed what I already knew, this cannot be right.

There must be a firmware update or something?

Why would the remove such a key piece of functionality.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi xe4,

I will flag this one with our tech team to see if there is any other options possible. 

Ivan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey  Xe4,

I'm just asking our Engineering team to see if this is an option for this modem. I'll post back here with updates Smiley Happy

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Thank you guys, any kind of result from this would be great, as I do keep my modem at the other end of my home.

It is a pretty important option to have, im surprised no one else has raised this issue before.

Highlighted
Level 16: Secret Agent

Hi

There maybe another way.

See if you can telnet into the device!

Use the same username and password and then try and issue the reboot command.

If you can't get in, check and see if remote management via telnet is enabled or if telnet is blocked by Telstra?

cheers

Highlighted

telnet> open

(to) 192.168.100.1

Trying 192.168.100.1...

telnet: connect to address 192.168.100.1: Connection refused

telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

telnet> 

Highlighted

Hi

Ok... log into the router and see if remote managment using telnet is available for you to select.

If not... then telstra have blocked this option ..

but there are other ways to solve your problem....

see how you go

cheers

Highlighted

Can you provide a little help please Smiley Happy

Any updates guys?

Highlighted

Hi,

Ok.. I haven't got a CG3100D-2, but if you log into it, ... on the left hand side.. the sixth option from the bottom, is "Remote Management".. click on in and see if there is the option for "telnet" .. if there is, enable it and then you should be able to telnet into it and reboot it that way.

If  that's not an option, then you can ask telstra if they will enable that feature for you... good luck with that!

Or, you can look for a " telnet enable utility" and see if that works.. this could void warranty!!!

Or... last.. this is what I had to resort to... there are "auto power cycle' devices that go between the power point and the device and check for connectivity and if connectivity is lost, it drops power and powercycles the device.

cheers

Highlighted

Telstra, 

Can you please look into a firmware update or at least having this option available in bridged mode, as some of us advanced users need this kind of functionality. 

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Can the bloody MTA status page be reinstated on the v2 of this modem please, it is RIDICULOUS that it was removed.

The engineer who decided to remove this should be shot.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more