CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

how to set up wifi extender on modem dja0230

i try to add my tp link wifi extender to my NBN modem dja0230. i pressed the pair button till it flashes white. then i press the wps button on my extender, it did not link. and the pair button flashes red in the end. this extender works on my other adsl modem wifi. have i missed any step with this telstra modem dja0230?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: how to set up wifi extender on modem dja0230

You could try going to 192.168.0.1 on your browser to log into the Modem, Click on wifi then click on start wps. They push the WPS button on the extender.
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: how to set up wifi extender on modem dja0230

Have reset WiFi extender to factory defaults? Also log into the gateway and turn off band steering. by removing the tick next to Band steering in the 2.4 GHz Band settings Tab.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more