Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Increase in latency (Cable)

Hello, my modem would cause my latency to the adelaide telstra server (one example) to increase from 10 to about 90. It remains at 90 until I factory reset my modem, restarting the modem doesn't fix this issue. The modem would also occassionally restart by itself.

Things I've attempted:

Test line quality

Run the telstra speed test on multiple devices (Both Wifi and Ethernet/Lan)

Restarting modem

Factory resetting the modem (but this occurs again after a while)

Modem Details:

Telstra Gateway Max, C6300BD-1TLAUS

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Increase in latency (Cable)

Probably the cable modem starting to die. I'd call cable faults on 13 22 00 and have a chat to them about your options to replace it. 

For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Increase in latency (Cable)

Hi @John204

This is most certainly not the feedback we like to see coming from our customers.

Can I ask if you are still needing help with the mentioned problem on your account?

Please let me know so I can attempt to assist further.

- Stef

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more