Level 2: Rookie

Internet won’t connect

Answered

Hello all,

I moved into a new apartment yesterday and received confirmation from Telstra that my nbn was set up at the apartment, and my order was complete with broadband ready to use at my apartment. I’ve set up my Telstra hybrid modem, connecting my modem WAN (red) to the nbn box’s LAN1 (yellow), but cannot get internet working. I’m not from Australia so the whole process of setting up internet is still confusing to me, and I might be missing something. I’ve attached photos of my modem setup and the nbn box. I’ve tried calling Telstra for help but have been in the call queque for hours and need answers. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution

Re: Internet won’t connect

Hello all, just wanted to update that I got in contact with a telstra rep, and it turns out the nbn comes through my new building, not a box like I had used previously - so I just needed to connect the modem via the DSL port directly into the wall internet port. Thank you all for your replies and help!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Hi - are you sure that is the NBN box - haven't seen one of them before - are you on NBN FTTB, Fibre to the Basement - I would have thought you would connect the DSL port of the Telstra modem to a telephone wall socket which was wired to the basement equipment. 

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

That's not an NBN box. That's a 16 year old piece of hardware.

@NA1217 Your Telstra Modem should plug into whatever the WAN port of the Allied Telesyn device is plugged in to.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

The second image is not of a NBN box but is another RSP modem or it might be a third party modem installed by the previous Tenant. There should be a black NBN box

If you look at the back of the modem in the second image there should be a cable plugged into the WAN port. The other end of the cable should be plugged into the NBN box. Suggest you unplug the cable and connect the WAN port of the Telstra gateway into the NBN box.

It looks like you also have the Telstra F@st5355 Gateway which is not issued any more. You should have received a Gen 2 Smart modem.

Accepted Solution

Hello all, just wanted to update that I got in contact with a telstra rep, and it turns out the nbn comes through my new building, not a box like I had used previously - so I just needed to connect the modem via the DSL port directly into the wall internet port. Thank you all for your replies and help!

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more