Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Internet

I need to set up the telstra modem and have internet access. How is it possible.?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Internet

What type of internet connection do you have? All NBN connections just require you to connect the modem and it connects automatically.
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Its Telstra. And we just have the modem. Maybe we need the NBN box or something to have internet access. What do I need to do.?

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

If you are supposed to be on an FTTN connection, then you can just plug it in to the phone socket.

Did you get a confirmation message that your NBN service was ready for use?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more