Whitezombie6025
Level 2: Rookie

Iphone X appears twice in wifi list

Iphone X appears twice?

Quick question...

i own a iphone X and i renamed it as seen above in pic, my lil question is why does it appear TWICE? 
is it because of 2.4ghz and 5ghz connections? Why dont other devices appear same way if they are able to connect to both 2.4/5 ghz channels??!?

Is my iphone X compromised at all? I just resetted my router and customised all settings as my connections list for wifi was too long with too many devices , couldnt tell who was recent or what was what and when!!

if i could have this little issue resolved id appreciate this heaps ! Im probably fussing over bugger all i just want to learn a bit more about it thats all! Cheers in advance ! 

Ryan!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Iphone X appears twice in wifi list

You will notice that only one device has a green tick. So actually only one iPhone is connected. The other one was a previous connection. In a recent firmware update iPhone the IOS introduced random MAC address which can change with connection. You will probably notice that each instance has a different MAC address. That is the reason the phone appears twice. Due to the different MAC address the modem thinks they are two different device. Your other devices probably don't randomize the MAC address.

Whitezombie6025
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Iphone X appears twice in wifi list

Thankyou for your help , that immediately cleared it up for me , much appreciated! 👌

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more