abthomp
Level 14: Field Agent

Issue since Modem Update

Answered

Since the modem update on 18/19 Ausgust I've had to reboot my PC every morning in order to actually get a connection to the internet.

What happens is I wake the PC from sleep, it shows it's connected but I cannot access any web pages or e-mail.

Reboot and it's all good to go.

A laptop that is connected via cable to the same modem doesn't do this but it set not to ever go to sleep.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Issue since Modem Update

If it is a Windows PC, have a look in Device Manager for the network device and check to properties to see if the device is set to allow Windows to put the device to sleep to save power..  you might have to toggle that or change the setting..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

What model modem do you have (DJA0230, DJA0231 or LH1000).

I have the same problem with one of my laptops with a DJA0230 modem. Turning WiFi off and then back on on the laptop fixes or just waiting fixes the problem.

abthomp
Level 14: Field Agent

It's a DJA0321 but the offending PC is connected via cable not by wifi ( doesn't have the ability to connect via wifi).

I'll see what happens if I give it a few minutes

SteveW_52
Accepted Solution

If it is a Windows PC, have a look in Device Manager for the network device and check to properties to see if the device is set to allow Windows to put the device to sleep to save power..  you might have to toggle that or change the setting..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more