Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Issues with WIFI or Modem???

Hi, I have a Thomson TG782T modem which is a few years old.  I have several wireless devices in my house as do most houses these days.  My wifi has been starting to drop out more and more over the last few months.  Some devices connect and others don't.  There is no pattern to the device with the only constant being the wifi or modem.  If I turn it off and back on it generally corrects the issue for a while, then it happens again.  It seems to be getting worse.  Your advice please?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Issues with WIFI or Modem???

It is possible that it could be either the modem or the Wi-Fi. 

Have you tried having a word with BigPond Tech Support? 

They can check the line and go through some tests with you which may be able to help identify if it is a modem or a network issue. They aren't always able to give a answer without a number of tests or a futher test (such as a technician checking the exchange or pit), but often they are able to help identify which is causing the problem. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more