Daddy
Level 4: Private Eye

LH1000 FW updated to 15.16r last night.

I noticed my wired devices are missing and wont connect. Is this a know issue with the new firmware? Is there something I can do to fix?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Goochy91
Level 1: Cadet

Re: LH1000 FW updated to 15.16r last night.

I'd try factory resetting the modem if you haven't already.

stevew1967

I have an old C-bus Wiser home controller that stopped working last week and I can't find anything wrong with it, which has led me to the router.  I'm beginning to suspect that the 15.16r update has introduced some ethernet flakiness.  Ethernet devices don't seem to be connected on the router's device list unless they're active, even if they have static leases.  I'll update if I can find a solution, but has anyone else shared this problem, too?

SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

@stevew1967 

I haven't been upgraded to 15.16r yet but on 14:12r and earlier firmware, the inconsistent display of connected devices (Wi-Fi and Ethernet) in the GUI was noticeable. That said, I haven't noticed any connected devices actually not working over either medium - they just doesn't display accurately..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
stevew1967

Good to know, thank you!

stevew1967

Further update (this is driving me crazy):

Full factory reset and manual reconfiguration of DDNS, static leases and port forwarding.  No improvement.  I have found another old ethernet device on my network which is also unresponsive, although I can get to it via the internet.  It seems the router is port forwarding from the internet correctly but not routing internal traffic to ethernet connected IP addresses, either static or dynamic.  I am considering pulling the plug on the Arcadyan LH1000 and going back to an older model.  Bloody frustrating and naturally zero interest from Telstra.

stevew1967

More info:

The 15.16r update has definitely done something odd to the ethernet interface.  After wrestling with two older devices on static leases (including complete factory resets for all devices, including the router)) I gave up and reverted to an earlier router (Technicolor DJN2130) and all the issues magically went away.  I won't be using the Arcadyan LH1000 again.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more