Level 1: Cadet

Logging onto Router

Answered

We have the white NBN Smart Modem and I have tried to log onto it and am unable to access through the telstra gateway.  aka http://10.0.0.138/.  It worked about three weeks ago and I have now tried admin/admin, admin/ blank, admin / telstra and all three have told me incorrect details / wrong login details.  How can I get around this or fix this issue?

Unique McHugh
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Logging onto Router

If smart modem genn2 which has an IP address of 192.168.0.1 the login is admin / Telstra.

If you can access login page by going to 10.0.0.138 you must have one of the earlier gateways which either have no default login or use admin / admin.

Clearing browsers  cache or history sometimes helps.

If you can't get into modem / gateway then some one has changed the password and the modem / gateway will either have to be reset by pressing reset button for at least ten seconds. The reset button is located on back of modem near LAN port 2 on the Gen 2 modems and beneath power button on earlier modems / gateways. Modem / gateway will reboot reseting all settings to factory default. 

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

@NicolasUniq wrote:

We have the white NBN Smart Modem and I have tried to log onto it and am unable to access through the telstra gateway.  aka http://10.0.0.138/.  It worked about three weeks ago and I have now tried admin/admin, admin/ blank, admin / telstra and all three have told me incorrect details / wrong login details.  How can I get around this or fix this issue?

Hi @NicolasUniq 

I don't bother keeping track of the modem models. But the ones I have seen have the login details on the back, or bottom of the modem.

E.G

http://mymodem

Username: admin

Password: Telstra (Capital 'T")

And most common details are.

10.0.0.138; 192.168.0.1; 192.168.15.1

More info on obtaining the IP address of your modem can be found here!

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Level 23: Superhero

Please try admin/Admin   

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

Hi Ozmoz,

I have tried that... we have NBN so I used the http://10.0.0.138/ and tried these combinations:

admin and Telstra, admin and Password and admin and admin and get the same login error.

Unique McHugh

Hi ProfessorPhone,

I tried admin and Admin and it tells me wrong login information.  I was wondering would clearing the cache and history perhaps help?  Don't know why or how, but sometimes that works with programs yeah?

Thank you again K

Unique McHugh
Accepted Solution

If smart modem genn2 which has an IP address of 192.168.0.1 the login is admin / Telstra.

If you can access login page by going to 10.0.0.138 you must have one of the earlier gateways which either have no default login or use admin / admin.

Clearing browsers  cache or history sometimes helps.

If you can't get into modem / gateway then some one has changed the password and the modem / gateway will either have to be reset by pressing reset button for at least ten seconds. The reset button is located on back of modem near LAN port 2 on the Gen 2 modems and beneath power button on earlier modems / gateways. Modem / gateway will reboot reseting all settings to factory default. 

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more