Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Login to Smart Modem Technicolor model #DJA0232

I’ve recently purchased the LIFX brand smart lights and I’m having an issue connecting them and have come to the conclusion that I’m unable to access the 2.4ghz Chanel. have tried logging into the Gateway using all the numerous password combinations previously suggest on this forum without any luck, so was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. Do I need to complete a reset?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Login to Smart Modem Technicolor model #DJA0232

If the username/password combination you have tried include the ones printed on the label on the bottom, then yes a full reset might be you only option.

Use a paper  clip to press the reset button for about 15 seconds (to be safe) and the modem should reset and then use the default name/password to access the GUI.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Highlighted

Once you get into the modem User Interface, look on the Advanced | Wi-Fi page/s for a setting for Protected Mode Frames (PMF) which has been enabled by default in recent firmware updates  turn those off, then save and exit. This PMF setting is known to cause issues for devices with older 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi hardware.

While you are in there, you might also want to turn off Band Steering - to give you 2 separate Wi-Fi services you can choose from - turning Sand Steering off adds -5G to the 5GHz band name (SSID) .

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Highlighted

Stevo is there any other setting info I’ll need to get up and running again. My wife’s working from home and if I stuff up the reset I’ll be sleeping on the couch.

Highlighted

Not sure what you mean? If you log in, change the settings, and save before logging out, it should be fine..  if you had any custom settings, they would ban been returned to defaults with the factory reset.. 

You sated your modem is a Technicolor DJA 0232 (did you mean DJA 0231) there is an unofficial manual for that device by cf4 who is a regular here. That might help if you get stuck..  you will find it here  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lDGZ83oZ19Y98rHINe2I7QFqWyaQO9WL/view

Stevo 52
Highlighted

Yeah sorry meant DJA0321, I’ve seen reference to said manual, so will check it out. Hey thanks for your help really appreciate it.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more