Divine_ms_ems
Level 1: Cadet

logon details for my gateway

Internet has been dropping out intermittently and coming up with the my gateway login page. Have tried standard things like admin, password etc with no success.

Device is a TG797n v3

Have the network name and wireless key but no gateway details are available on the device. Where can I find this information?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Big_Dan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: logon details for my gateway

Hi Divine_ms_ems,

I was under the impression it was in fact, password. If it isn't that, it's possible it has been changed via the admin settings you are presently trying to access. You can get around this a couple of ways.

The first is to default the modem, using the hard reset button. You'll need a pin / paperclip / similar to achieve this, the button is somewhere on one of the sides of the modem from memory, otherwise it's on the back, nearish the ethernet ports.

Alternatively, if you can connect to the modem via ethernet, you should bypass the request for authentication all together. I think the thinking behind this is if someone has ethernet access to your router, you have bigger problems Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more