Cedhagen
Level 1: Cadet

Losing Ethernet connection between Uniden security cameras and V7610 Router

Hello forum!

I am losing the connection between my Uniden GDVR security camera system and Telstra Netgear V7610. After resetting the Uniden (power off - power on) it runs ok for a couple of hours before losing the connection again. It has been running faultlessly for a long time before this started to happen a couple of months ago. 

I have replaced the Ethernet cable and also tried with another Uniden box but still same problem. There is no SW upgrade available for the Uniden box (GDVR 8T40) and neither for the Netgear box. To me it seems like some kind of synch issue but that is just a guess.

Someone recognise this or have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.  

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Losing Ethernet connection between Uniden security cameras and V7610 Router

You have tried a different ethernet cable, did you try another ethernet port on the modem? You may have to swap cables.

As the system been working OK up until this problem started occurring recently, it indicates some change, firmware update, added device has occurred? A new mobile?

Which GDVR system is it, there are a few models. 

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Mkrtich
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Hi - as a matter of interest,  is your V7610 on firmware version 2.2.2.32. My test unit has been stuck at that level all year. 

Cedhagen
Level 1: Cadet

Hi. Yes I have the same FW version as you. 2.2.2.32.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more