Charzy
Level 1: Cadet

Modem caught on fire

So my modem just caught on fire and I have tried to ring telstra and do the chat thing but nothing !! Is there any other way to contact regarding this as my house could of burnt down

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Rohan123
Level 20: Director
Level 20: Director

Re: Modem caught on fire

Hi @Charzy 

Your modem caught on fire?

Which type of Telstra modem do you have?

I have never heard of that happening before.

Try these numbers.

Telstra Faults 1800 803 224
Telstra Faults 1800 116 736

https://service.telstra.com.au/general/home-phone-fault/form;jsessionid=4B9094E50BB0975AE25686A7A62A...

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
Charzy

Thanks for those numbers ! The modem is a technicolor TG799vac 

OllieW
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Charzy, thanks for getting in touch and that's no good to hear.

The numbers Rohan shared are great have you been able to reach anyone from our team to organise a replacement modem? Assuming the modem is no longer working?

If those number don't work please shoot us a message on the My Telstra app and our agents there can organise a replacement.

Ta!

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Charzy

It says those numbers were disconnected have numerous phone calls and going into two telstra shops they wouldn’t give us replacement modem ! So I rang the  complaints dept and an hour and a half later the person said they would send a new one out to our address! I have not received an email regarding this so I  don’t know if they really are doing that ?

Matsuda
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Glad to hear you were able to get a replacement arranged over the phone Charzy. 

We're unable to confirm this for you over Crowdsupport and my apologies for the inconvenience. If you were wanting to double check this is on the way I recommend reaching our messaging support through the app as Ollie has advised above. You can reach our agents through the app by going through the 'get help' section. 

Keep us in the loop on how you go.

- Matty

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more