Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Modem not working

my mums modem has stopped working (18th may) and she has rang up a number of times and they have told her they will send out a new one ( they never turn up) this happened for the first 3 weeks and they then told her that they dont have her model any more and that they would send out the new model, it hasnt turned up. she rang up again they told her to go in to a telstra shop and get one and the would credit her account for it. she went into then closest shore to us which is about 1hr away only to be told that they are a privetely owned shop and they dont do that. the shop rang up telstra and again we got told they are sending one (has not showed up). she rang telstra again and was put on hold while the lady went to talk to some one about it about 20min later a man pick put the phone. mum told him what had happened and he said he would go talk to the someone and ring mum back with in the hr and he as not called her back. and the lady from the telstra shop said to mum if it didnt come which it didnt to ring telstra which she did and we still havent received anything. mum rang the shop and they said they will look in to it  and call her back the next day. they didnt call her back. this has been going on for 7weeks now and still no internet but they still sent her a bill for it. Where do we go from here ????????????????????????

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Modem not working

hi Tanny19 Smiley Happy 

Welcome to Crowd Support Smiley Happy

Your Mum has certainly been given the run around. Especially when the issue isn't that difficult to resolve.

I'm going to send you a PM so that I can grab some details from your Mum in relation to the account and we can communnicate offline, as I would like to work with you to ensure that you do receive your new modem.

I'm really sorry that it has taken so long to get your new modem, I can only imagine how frustrating it has been for you over the last 7 weeks with no internet.

Lindy, Social Media Team,

Telstra Digital Sales and Service

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more