Antman3
Level 3: Gumshoe

modem

Answered

Hey everyone can anyone help me reconnect devices to the modem saigecom as I can' use the password admin for some reason so it needs to be reset so I can reconnect.Turn the devices from stranger to known ๐Ÿค”hope someone can help!

TCRCWCRCJCJC
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: modem

To reconnect Wi-Fi devices use the Wi-Fi password. There is a label on the bottom of the Gateway. The cable cover has to be removed to view it

If your Wi-Fi devices support WPS they can be connected by pressing the pair button until it begins to flash. You don't need the password to connect using WPS.

If you want to log in to the gateway and the gateway password (admin) doesn't work you will need to reset the gateway by pressing the reset button until the gateway turns off.The gateway will then reboot resetting all settings to factory defaults including the password. The reset button is located behind pin hole below the power button

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
cf4
Accepted Solution

To reconnect Wi-Fi devices use the Wi-Fi password. There is a label on the bottom of the Gateway. The cable cover has to be removed to view it

If your Wi-Fi devices support WPS they can be connected by pressing the pair button until it begins to flash. You don't need the password to connect using WPS.

If you want to log in to the gateway and the gateway password (admin) doesn't work you will need to reset the gateway by pressing the reset button until the gateway turns off.The gateway will then reboot resetting all settings to factory defaults including the password. The reset button is located behind pin hole below the power button

View solution in original post

Antman3

Yeah did that and they just disconnect again I'm sure the modem has crossed wires

TCRCWCRCJCJC
mazinoz
Level 19: Deputy Director

Well, there is the old "restart your devices". 

What passwords have you tried? Admin, admin ? I don't know what the default factory one is for these modems. Have you any documentation? Did you hold the button down long enough to be sure it reset, lights change etc. If all this has been done, it may be that the modem is boinked. Does it work with any of your devices?

Antman3

Yes I have done that a lot of times ,troubleshooting the modem and itโ€™s i believe it is definitely the modem
TCRCWCRCJCJC
Antman3

The modem is boinked it Iโ€™m 100 percent sure
TCRCWCRCJCJC
mazinoz
Level 19: Deputy Director

Depending on your tech skills as a last ditch effort, you could try flashing it back to factory install and then updating it with the most recent firmware. Another thing may be to try powercycling it a few times till it resets to factory settings.
I had to power cycle a new updated firmware vpn router as some a....e who lives around here believes they are paying for my internet and can damage my hardware to maintain their connection. It has been going on for years. Last count was 8 neighbours doing this over the years. I want to move somewhere far away from any neighbours!

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more