Tech-questions1
Level 1: Cadet

my Arris cm8200 keeps doing this why?

https://youtu.be/asf4Nrg4_tk this is what mine is doing on a loop I have everything plugged in as it should be

james

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: my Arris cm8200 keeps doing this why?

You NBN HFC connection is faulty..  check and maybe reconnect the coaxial connection from the wall to the NTD, if there are any splitters in circuit, try nypassing those and go direct from NTD to wall connection.

How long has it been happening

Check here, https://outages.telstra.com/#/  for any known outages, otherwise contact Telstra via the My Telstra app, Get Help, blue chat icon..  to report the fault..

In the meantime, you can pull the cable out of the red WAN port on the modem and let the modem detect it and switch to 4G back-up mode (if it hasn't already)..  note that if you leave the wan cable in, the modem might falsely detect the internet service, so it is safer to leave it out if you are doing something important, also limit the streaming you do because the 4G backup might be slower than you are used to - especially the upload speed.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Tech-questions1

it randomly happened out of no where a day ago

james
SteveW_52

Was there a storm? is there any outage listed for your area?

So probably a fault in the HFC cable network and in most cases it affects more than one person..  

You'll need to report it to get it fixed if there is no current outage noted..

You could wait and hope that it will just as randomly fix itself but to be honest I would rather trust my chances on winning the Lotto, than rely on Telstra to find and fix something on their own...

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Tech-questions1

there was a week ago there was a interruption listed after my internet went down but later on the interruption disappeared

james
SteveW_52

OK, so if nothing listed NOW, you need to report it..

Stevo 52
Tech-questions1

https://youtu.be/Xtz0cEazYog here is how my modem is connected if it helps

james
Mkrtich
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Hi - I agree with @SteveW_52  - you need to report this to Telstra as there is no NBN service present. Unfortunately your modem has no 4G BackUp - given the Easter break, hopefully an NBN Technician will be dispatched early next week.

It won't harm to do a Factory Reset on the Arris Modem in case that clears up any lock up issues. Disconnect the LAN cable from the Arris, with power ON, insert a paperclip into the Reset hole for more than 10 seconds and see if it reboots with the full four green LEDs - if no change, the Arris or the NBN HFC service is still in fault mode and can only be fixed by Telstra liaising with the NBN.

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Tech-questions1. 

You need to speak with NBN technical support via the My Telstra App messaging service (link here https://tel.st/9df2s). Just click on the "Get Help" menu icon and then click on the "Message Us" button and type "NBN technical support" and a member of our team will be in touch to assist you with this. If you get stuck on the Codi chat bot, you can type "Consultant" to get through to a team member. 

You can also try calling on 133933 or 1800 834 273 but wait times are long at the moment, you may find calling early in the morning gives you a better chance of getting through. 

- Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

SteveW_52

Waste of time posting a video that doesn't help..

Just follow previous instructions, the fault is with the NBN HFC service, no amount of videos will change that..

Stevo 52

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more