Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

My gateway problem

I can’t get into my modem gateway.

I’ve changed the admin and password for it and now I can’t remember what they are.

Tried the paper clip reset, default password thingy and I still can’t get in.

what do I do now?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Re: My gateway problem

Hi - what is the model number of the gateway? One of the Telstra modems doesn't require a password on factory default, only requiring one if  create it after factory resetting the modem and then customising a password and saving it.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Mkrtich,

it’s the DJA0230.

@Mkrtich wrote:

Hi - what is the model number of the gateway? One of the Telstra modems doesn't require a password on factory default, only requiring one if  create it after factory resetting the modem and then customising a password and saving it.

Highlighted

Did the modem cycle through the power off and reboot process after the reset?

How long did you press the reset button for? Not knowing the modem I would suggest you press it for at least 15 seconds to make sure it happens.

Look on the label on the bottom of the modem to see if there is a default username and password. If there is, use it.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

The DJA0230 does not require a login if set to default settings. Try resetting modem again. The front light should turn white indicating the modem is factory resetting.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more