Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Nbn blue light has been stuck on blue for 3 day

I’m regretting changing providers and coming back to Telstra It’s been 1 week and already problems. 3 days the nbn has been stuck on blue, support have been useless. I wfh, laptop can’t connect to internet, I am chewing through my mobile data.. tried calling Telstra .. the wait it too long. No known issues in the area.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Nbn blue light has been stuck on blue for 3 day

If you have the blue G backup indicator showing, then you should have internet service, although it will be slower than you plan speed.

Are you able to connect from your laptop to the Smart Modem 2 by Wi-FI or ethernet? Dio you get an IP address when you do so?

What NBN service do you have?

If you have a phone service with you NBN connection, do you have a handset connected and  does it work?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Nbn blue light has been stuck on blue for 3 day

Something you could try..

Open the Modem User Interface at 192.168.0.1

Login using the username and password printed on the label on the bottom of the modem, or if you have changed it then your own credentials.

On the Advanced | Internet | LTE page, find and change the PDP type to v4/v6 if it is not already set to that. (Note that the location of that setting maybe different on your modem)

make sure to save the changes before logging out of the GUI.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more