PW15
Level 2: Rookie

NBN connection but no data flow - solid blue light

Answered

I have had a fault since 2 March with my smart modem. Light on front solid blue. 

I have been through 8 level 1 trouble shooting exercises via online message chat and 3 phone calls where I was able to get through to a person who then also went through level 1 trouble shooting. 

The smart modem front light is solid blue. I have not been able to connect to NBN. Telstra technician came out and replaced the modem 3 times and worked with NBN and confirmed there is NBN to the property (there has been for 12 months), but there is no data flow. The issue remains unresolved and my faults have all been closed. 

The modem light is still blue I am operating on back up. 

I cannot get through to anyone who knows anything about the ongoing fault with out going through level 1 trouble shooting again. 

Frustrated and still paying for NBN but actual service. Help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN connection but no data flow - solid blue light

The 4G backup is limited to a 25/2Mbps connection, so the speedtest results would seem to indicate that your NBN connection is working. But if it is an acknowledged issue with the actual connection then there isn't anything that you can do to fix it. It's a wait for Telstra and NBN Co to work it out.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Jupiter

What type of NBN connection is it (FTTN, FTTB, FTTC, FTTP, FW, HFC)?

Can you take a screenshot of the Modem's Broadband connection page and post it here so we can see what the modem is reporting that it can see?

Are you getting data through the 4G backup?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
cf4

What colour are the lights on the back of the modem and what type of connection do you have {FTTN, FTTB, FTTC, NBN HFC or FTTP}?

PW15

FTTN, green, green, green, yellow, green. The issues has been going since 2 March and now escalated to TIO. Between Telstra and NBN Co they cannot find a resolution. Tried everything, 3 modems, resets, testing. Sim in/out. Have NBN connection to home, but no data flow.

PW15

As of 2 days ago, mobile back up has worked again but intermittently. As you can see from screen shots - connected but no data (limited or no usage). Yes, I have tried multiple times to connect. No, I am not new to this. Yes, multiple devices. Yes password correct etc. Telstra have acknowledged it is an NBN issue and they are trying to sort it out between them. As yet, so resolution. 

PW15

PW15

Jupiter
Accepted Solution

The 4G backup is limited to a 25/2Mbps connection, so the speedtest results would seem to indicate that your NBN connection is working. But if it is an acknowledged issue with the actual connection then there isn't anything that you can do to fix it. It's a wait for Telstra and NBN Co to work it out.

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more