WJC1
Level 2: Rookie

NBN Connection

Answered

Hi - I am waiting for the NBN connection to commence tomorrow 13th Nov. I have inspected the package sent with the NBN box etc - we already have a Telstra Smart Modem. However I have noticed the only way to connect to the NBN box is via the phone plug wall socket, we are currently connected via Coax that plugs into a Telstra Switch and then onto the smart modem. Will the wall socket connection be ok or do we have to find a way to use the coax? The Home phone that uses the socket hasn't worked for few weeks now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WJC1
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN Connection

Ok , thought that - it only stopped working after we accepted the NBN. Will wait and see - thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
cf4
Level 24: Supreme Being

NBN is converting some Telstra Coaxial areas to NBN FTTC which use the normal phone socket. You can check which type of NBN connection you will have by entering your address on the NBN Co website.

https://www.nbnco.com.au/connect-home-or-business/check-your-address

WJC1

Thanks for that - It just says FTTC is planned. So I assume the socket will be in operation . I'll have to wait and see I suppose.

WJC1

It does concern me that the wall socket (and we have two for some reason) hasn't been working.

cf4

If NBN Co site says FTTC then the phone socket will be used. 

Do you have a Telstra phone service? If you have a Telstra phone service and it stopped working recently it might have been due to NBN Co accidently disconnecting your line when they connected it to the NBN distribution unit in the street.

WJC1
Accepted Solution

Ok , thought that - it only stopped working after we accepted the NBN. Will wait and see - thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more