MeToo3
Level 1: Cadet

NBN FTTP NTD - battery backup

Answered

Can anyone please advise where one can purchase a NBN FTTP NTD - battery backup (UPS) unit

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: NBN FTTP NTD - battery backup

You can request one by contacting Telstra, either by calling 132200 or using the messaging function in My Telstra.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Enersys indicates it is the original supplier of these batteries and sells them from their website: https://nbnbattery.enersys.com.au/products/nbn-battery-replacement-for-nbn-power-supply

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

You can request one by contacting Telstra, either by calling 132200 or using the messaging function in My Telstra.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Enersys indicates it is the original supplier of these batteries and sells them from their website: https://nbnbattery.enersys.com.au/products/nbn-battery-replacement-for-nbn-power-supply

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

SLR2107
Level 1: Cadet

That's just the battery inside the BBU - which is a pretty bog-standard 7.2Ah sealed lead-acid battery. My FTTP service was supplied with just a plug pack. I saw no point ordering the BBU unit, it's larger than the FTTP NTU unit and on its own won't keep anything other than the NTU operating. My NTU is now plugged into the same UPS that runs my router and telephone ATA, so they all say up together - and it's a long blackout, they fail together. No point keeping the NTU running if all the other equipment plugged into it is now dead!. The only reason to have the NBN BBU is if you have a UNI-V service enabled and you want to keep the phone working in a blackout.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more