Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

NBN HFC Modem not connecting to NBN (new install)

Received my NBN HFC Modem from Telstra with Telstra Smartmodem Gen2. NBN modem after numerous attempts could not get 4 solid green lights. What is the issue and how can I get assistance to rectify this? I spent 1 hour 45 min on hold with support when I was transferred to them but nobody spoke to me and I gave up... Who can I call to come and look at this issue to have it sorted. The Smartmodem connected to 4G (blue light came on) but that's as far as it got...

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: NBN HFC Modem not connecting to NBN (new install)

I have been trying to get solid lights for 4 weeks.. A telstra tech came out for a different problem, and told me it is a problem with the lines outside in the pit. Telstra techs can no longer work in the pits. It needs a nbn tech to look at it, which can only be ordered through telstra, who as you know can not be contacted...I plan on contacting nbn direct next week see if I can bypass the useless telstra contact centre.

On the plus side, my 4g back up speed is better than the adsl speed. Get roughly 20mps, except for a few hours in the evening when everyone else in the state jumps on, then 0.1mps..

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more