Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

nbn instillation

Answered

A technician is coming on Wednesday 22 April to connect me up to the nbn and I have Foxtel through satellite so there isn't a cable wall outlet. They say no question is a silly question but I am not sure about that....will it go through the old phone outlet? I have just started to work from home and the current Nighthawke router drops out so many times through the day & I would hate it if the technician couldn't get it connected!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: nbn instillation

If its HFC the NBN Technician will install a coax wall socket before NBN is installed. They shouldn't disconnect your ADSL connection until the NBN HFC has been installed.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

You can check your address at site below to find out what type off technology will be used. If its FTTN or FTTC the connection will use the phone socket. Because off the shorter distance to the DPU or Node the section of cable that is causing your drop outs might be bypassed and you might not have any drop outs when connected to NBN.

https://www.nbnco.com.au/residential

Highlighted

It’s HFC and thanks for replying to me.

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

If its HFC the NBN Technician will install a coax wall socket before NBN is installed. They shouldn't disconnect your ADSL connection until the NBN HFC has been installed.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

interested to know, did the tech show up? we have had 2 apointments now on the 21st and today and neither have eventuated!!

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I had two appointments as week and both was a no show...

now they’re telling me it will take 8/10 weeks for them to come. 

awful 

Highlighted

oh great, we have also had 2 no shows, now I have to go through the drama of trying to cancel my order. Just rubbish service Telstra, if you cant connect us, just be upfront and tell us that at the beginning.

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

It's an NBN Co technician that you are waiting for (and hasn't turned up). Telstra has no control over them as they don't work for Telstra.

Go to https://www.nbnco.com.au/corporate-information/contact-us-form and lodge a complaint.

Wouldn't hurt to lodge one at www.tio.com.au about NBN Co either.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

For us it actually is Telstra, as we are waiting on a phone/ADSL connection, no NBN in our area as yet.

Highlighted

Well, you've posted in a thread about an NBN installation, so...natural assumption.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more