Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

NBN not working - modem fault?

Hi had NBN connected 10 days ago, it worked fine for a day and has been faulty since despite numerous calls to Telstra support over the past week.

Telstra smart modem has no light showing or WAN and a blue light on the front, just connecting in backup SIM mode. If I plug cable directly from NBN box to laptop I am getting the expected 90/50 speeds so I assume the problem isn't with the NBN connection? Is the Modem broken? Could it be something else?

NBN technician was rebooked but cancelled the appointment and Telstra is being no help at all, just keep escalating the problem rather than solving it.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: NBN not working - modem fault?

Have you factory reset the modem? If not try that. Otherwise it looks like the modem is faulty if you can connect your laptop and it works.
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Yes - been through all the basic troubleshooting multiple times. 

Highlighted

The reset button's location is  inset opposite the ethernet ports.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more