Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

NBN not working

I have a modem with a Red light for power and Red light for Internet.  Have tried all the trouble shooting and resets, but still no good.  Telstra just seem to want to continue trouble shooting.  I just want a new modem or someone to come and assess

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: NBN not working

I would ring again and you may strike a more helpful person.  If not, try to speak to a supervisor. What you refer to as Power, do you mean the LED on the other side to the internet LED?

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Highlighted
Level 11: Detective

Hi Ginger2019

I wonder if you could say what model of router you've been given? I'm assuming it's a Telstra "Smart Modem - Gen 2", which could be by one of two manufacturers: Arcadyan, in which case the model might be a LH1000, or Technicolor, in which case the model number might be DJA0231.

I have a Gen 1 Technicolor Modem, but I suspect the manufacturer and model are stated on the base of your unit. Knowing this might help community experts give you more targeted help.

Community expert cf4 has written an "unofficial manual" for the DJA0231 - see this page. I don't know about the Arcadyan model.

From experience, I've also become a fan of Telstra's 24/7 online chat when seeking support, rather than phoning. You are typing your questions and responses which tends to result in more precise conversations.  You get a transcript of the conversation at the end, so you're never in doubt what was or wasn't discussed/promised etc. Truly, if you do end up needing to get back to Support, I suggest giving 24/7 Chat a try.

Cheers

ausgumbie

Highlighted
Level 11: Detective

PS

Re a manual for the Arcadyan LH1000, I note this archived post: User manual for Smart Modem Gen 2 LH1000.

ausgumbie

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more