Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

NBN Smart Modem mobile backup working over WiFi only.

When my Smart Modem Gen 2 switches to mobile backup wired connections have no Internet connection. Only devices connected through WiFi can access the Internet. Is this by design or is there an issue with my modem?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: NBN Smart Modem mobile backup working over WiFi only.

This is not by design but could be an issue with your modem or a bug in the firmware. What is the model number and firmware version of your modem? This information is displayed on LHS of the modem's log in screen. What do you have connected to LAN?

Highlighted

It is Arcadyan LH1000. Firmware vers. 0.09.11r

Does it allow me to do a firmware update?

Highlighted

I have two desktop Windows 7 PCs connected to the wired LAN.

Highlighted

Your modem has the latest firmware. There is no way to manually update firmware, Firmware is automatically update firmware on modem when it is available.

When on 4 G backup the modem by only sets a IPv6 address on the WAN port. When connected to NBN the modem has an IPv4 and IPv6 address on the WAN port. My Windows 10 PC works OK when modem is on 4 G. Your PCs might not be configured to use IPv6. One thing you could try is to log into the modem and Go to Advanced > Internet > LTE, change PDP type to IPv4/IPv6 and save settings. If on 4 G backup you will lose the internet briefly as front light turns orange, then red and finally blue. 

Highlighted

That's spot on. I had IPv6 disabled as I wasn't using it. All good now, thanks.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more