Dan811
Level 1: Cadet

NBN to setup static IP how and where and I have a Mac

Hi All,

As the national move to NBN i have also done that however, i need to set up static IP but i dont even know where and how  I have a macintosh laptop and the modem router is to be setup as i need it but i dont even know how ? i  have been reading but its just going no where with no consistency of anything . Help

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: NBN to setup static IP how and where and I have a Mac

If you want your internet to have a static public IP address, that is an account level option so you would need to speak to the accounts team and they will activate it on the service (this is standard for business grade services but an optional extra on residential grade services).

If you want your device to have a static IP address that it connects to the router with on your local network, that is set up in the device. On most versions of OS X and MacOS it is under system preferences > network > select the network in the list > advance > tcp/ip > change automatic to manual and then enter the required fields.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more