• No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: NBN won’t connect

What type of NBN connection?

Which model modem?

What colour are the lights on the modem? Is the light on the front blue?

Is this a new connection, or one that was previously working?

Have you tried running the troubleshooter and automated testing via http://fix.telstra.com (from a mobile is best)?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Catheck40
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Jupiter, it’s a FTTC connection with a Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2 the light on the modem is blue but the nbn connection box only has the power light as solid blue, the connect and DSL light continue to go on and off with a clicking sound. We can detect the connection on devices at first it accepted the password and now says password is incorrect. Have left it on for 48hrs as recommended by Telstra and then have a message which was with the tracking device section saying that there might be connection issues. Have been on hold with Telstra for hours on end and still unable to speak to a person. Trouble shooting is useless, I will probably need a technician to switch my line over. 

CMEckert
Jupiter

A user name and password is not required on Telstra NBN connections. If PPoE is enabled in the internet settings of your modem, turn it off.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more