palmyra
Level 1: Cadet

nbn

I have been trying to get  my speed fixed on our nbn for last week or so after numerous help from tech support they got it back online but only at speed of 15 said a new modem would be arranged for delivery last wednesday non arrival then told that might require  home visit but could not come for fourteen days because of covid i live in perth wa where this no lock down does this mean they only visit a client once every fourteen days thank you  so that means i am stuck with a speed that i have  Palmyra

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: nbn

Can you advise what NBN/Telstra service you have and what modem (make/model) and other equipment you have?

Also, what was your speed like before and what issues were you experiencing?

With a bit more detailed information, some suggestions might come to you on how to improve your situation at least temporarily, possibly long term..

To me it sounds like it could be more of an internet service problem rather than a modem issue.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Just a thought Steve, is there a test the OP can run on the modem to measure the signal quality etc?.

SteveW_52

@Dowser  that depends very much on exactly which modem the poster has..  and also which NBN delivered service they have..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Unless they are in the North-East corner of Palmyra (between Hungry Jacks and the Melville Reserve - which has FTTC), then it will likely be an FTTN connection.

Given the speeds they are getting, I'd definitely be betting on FTTN. Wouldn't want to guess on the modem model as it could be anything from a Fast5355 to an LH1000.

@palmyra  Seeing a screenshot the DSL Connection Stats and DSL Bitloader graph (if available on your modem) would be helpful to try and work out what the possible cause for the low speeds might be.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more