Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Netgear CG3100D-2 modem and network printers

Has anybody had any issues with getting a Bigpond supplied Netgear CG3100D-2 cable modem/router working with a Networked (wired) printer.

Bigpond just replaced my Cisco modem and I have tried everything I can think of to get my HP 2014N printer working, none of the computers in the network can see it, none of the computers in the network can find the printer when running the install software, and the IP of the printer only appears randomly in the MAC list of LAN IP list, very randomly.

Have tried multiple different cables and connections – no luck, other routers – works fine. Everything is pointing to the Bigpond supplied modem.

Anybody struck this before.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Netgear CG3100D-2 modem and network printers

Hi Michael,

If you are still looking for a resolution for this, you can try to contact our Telstra Plus team. More details about them can be found: http://www.telstra.com.au/telstra-plus/

The other alternative is to set the Netgear CG3100D-2 modem in bridge mode and connect a BYO router which you can configure to work with this printer. If you still have the Cisco, you can use this as well.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Netgear CG3100D-2BPAUS modem and network printer

Having the same issue.

Just installed a new cable modem and am unable to find the printer on the network.

Worked absolutely fine with the previous modem.

Can't say that I am happy about this.

If it can't be fixed in a simple way, I will send the whole damn lot back to Telstra. 

Can't believe that they would supply equipment that is inappropriate for a home network, and without sending a user guide for the modem with the installation disc.

So, anyone out there know how to get the modem to recognise the printer?

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more