Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

New ADSL but no Ethernet

Have just connected our new ADSL service with a Technicolor TG797n V3.  Using the V3.3 install CD I can get the wi-Fi to work fine.  But I cannot get the Ethernet to work.  (Why do i want Ethernet? So that I can bridge to my Apple Time Capsule and use that a s the Wi-Fi base.)

When reload the ADSL software and try the Ethernet option, connecting the modem directly to my Mac the installer goes off to find the Gateway, with no success.

I have done factory reset of the modem, I know that my Mac Ethernet port works and have substituted the Ethernet cable with a known 'good' cable.  Still no connection.

What obvious point am I missing?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: New ADSL but no Ethernet

Hey VoxMechanica, 

That is definitely a weird one! No none of the ethernet ports on the modem work? Also, have you tried using an alternate cable?

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Re: New ADSL but no Ethernet

Or another computer?
Lathania

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more