Level 1: Cadet

New Connection

Answered

I started up my new smart modem gen 2 LH1000 last night.  When going through the set up it will not  go through to the green light   Ihave turned it off and on more than several times   Can not get through to any of the help lines.  Is there something I have missed or should do

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: New Connection

If you have a DSL connection (NBN FTTN, NBN FTTB or ADSL) the DSL port should be connected to a phone wall socket. For other types of connection the red WAN port should be connected to ether the NBN NTD or Telstra's cable adapter).

The only setting required is if you have an ADSL connection. Log into modem (http://192.168.0.1, password is Telstra),go to Broadband settings and enter your Bigpond email address and password.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

If you have a DSL connection (NBN FTTN, NBN FTTB or ADSL) the DSL port should be connected to a phone wall socket. For other types of connection the red WAN port should be connected to ether the NBN NTD or Telstra's cable adapter).

The only setting required is if you have an ADSL connection. Log into modem (http://192.168.0.1, password is Telstra),go to Broadband settings and enter your Bigpond email address and password.

View solution in original post

Level 21: Augmented

If you have a blue light, then your modem is in 4G Backup mode, which means there is something wrong with you NBN internet service - @cf4  has mentioned some things to check with that..

4G backup mode should still give you internet access, if that isn't the case, tell us what issues you have and we might be able to suggest ways to get that service running..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more