Wh1skyBrav0
Level 1: Cadet

new smart modem not showing caller number display just says unavailable

received new telstra smart modem on the 16/11/2020 and working fine except home phone is not showing caller number display just displays unavailable

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Wh1skyBrav0
Level 1: Cadet

caller number display not working

received new telstra smart modem on 16/11/2020 connected working except CND not working

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: caller number display not working

It can either be a firmware problem (reboot your modem and hopefully it should update), or it can be a service setting problem, in which case you will need to contact Telstra and tell them that your caller ID isn't working (once they tell you it is fixed, it can take a couple of days for it to start working).

Send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (if it is capable), by tapping the blue icon in the bottom right of the Get Help screen. If Codi redirects you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It can take a few hours to get a response, but you will get a notification through the app when someone does.

You could also try Livechat.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
cf4
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: new smart modem not showing caller number display just says unavailable

This seems to be a common problem when changing modems. Changing modems corrupts the voip programing on the server which has to be reprogrammed. Such you contact Telstra support usi g the messaging function on the my Telstra app's get help function and report incoming caller id is not working.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more