Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

New Wired Connection problems

Answered

Not sure if this is in the correct board.

I am trying to set up a new wired connection from my NBN modem in the garage.

I have a connection from UNI-D1 to kitchen where my WIFI router is. No problems with that but when I try to set up a wired connection from UNI-D2 to another outlet, I get no lights on and no connection. I have tried changing CAT 6 cables around at both ends, I went out and bought a new CAT 6 cable but nothing is working on any other port other than UNI-D1.

Reason for the wired connection:

I am setting up a computer with the Linux OS and that system can't find the WIFI drivers, so I need to have a wired connection to help me out and make it work.

I can use the UNI-D1 outlet but the WIFI in the house is down while I use it. You can see the dilemma. No WIFI = Unhappy household!!

Any help would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: New Wired Connection problems

Only one UNI-D port is enabled per NBN service. To enable UNI-D2 you need a second NBN service.

You could use WiFi extender and connect the Linux PC to the ethernet port on the extender.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Only one UNI-D port is enabled per NBN service. To enable UNI-D2 you need a second NBN service.

You could use WiFi extender and connect the Linux PC to the ethernet port on the extender.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

cf4

Thank you for that.

I didn't know about there only being one enabled.

Much appreciated.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more