Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Next gen 2 - Modem not working on backup 4G

Yesterday 4 May, my modem 4g stopped. logged into mymodem and it is enabled and has a status of connecting. Modem was turned off over night and was hoping it would have been resolved some how, but no still no 4g light or connection

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Next gen 2 - Modem not working on backup 4G

Is mobile signal light off, red, orange or green? Which version of Gen 2 modem (LH1000 or DJA0231) do you have and what is its firmware? Model and firmware are displayed on left hand side of modem's login screen.

Highlighted

Hi.

Mobile signal light is off

Modem version  is DJA0231

Firmware Number  18.1.c.0462-950-RB

Thanks

Highlighted

You might be in a poor 4G reception area. There is one thing you can try and that is factory resetting modem by pressing reset button on the back of modem near LAN port two for at least 10 seconds.

Highlighted

The light normally goes between red and yellow.  But yesterday at some point stopped.  For what ever reason Telstra service is poor and  I'm not in the country. 

Have poor mobile reception as well.  Again not in the country.

Thought about doing the reset, but given working from home, dont want to lose access and or any settings.  Would i, or is it plug and play?.  Think when i got the modem, it was just plug in and it worked.

Thanks

Highlighted

If you have a NBN or Telstra cable connection it is just plug and play. You will lose any custom settings you might have set. There might be a fault at the 4G tower so resetting probably want fix the problem.

Highlighted

Have ADSL1  which is all Telstra offer.  NBM not available. 

Side item, my 4g toggle i have, is currently running on 3g.  Maybe Telstra have 4 g issues? or looks like a rest is required.  Smiley Sad

Thanks

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more