Abouttoleave2
Level 1: Cadet

No nbn connected

So I have had no nbn since last Thursday. I have been on the help chat many times. All they do is get me to reset my modem and nbn box. Or plug my laptop directly into the nbn box. All lights are saying it’s active the modem lights are green. Telstra tell me I have internet BUT I DONT. It has been escalated many times. Sent to complaints and everyone is still telling me it working.  I received a email from Telstra on Monday saying my speed has been upgraded because of Covid. I did not ask for this happen. Could this be part of the problem has someone entered the wrong code/ missed a box to tick? Has anyone had any similar problems? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: No nbn connected

Some basics first..

Whar sort of NBN service do you have (HFC perhaps)?

Is it a new service, or you have had it a while abd this issue just started?

What equipment is installed:

- which modem (make/model (label on the bottom)

- you seem to have an NBN NTD - Arris CM8200?

- What lights are showing front and back on those devices

- How have you determined you have no internet?

- What device do you have connected to the modem/router

- are those devices connected by Wi-Fi or ethernet (LAN) cable

The more information you provide, the better the responses to your issue  will be..  It makes it hard when it has to be a 'twenty questions' scenario  to work out what your setup is..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity

This problem could be due to some one entering the wrong code and configuring your service as phone only. It has happened before. Does the phone work?

Abouttoleave2
Level 1: Cadet

This is exactly what my electrician told me. I tried to tell complaints this,her reply was.  How would he know😡 

how do I get it fixed?

cf4

I have not had the problem myself but I have seen previous posts from people who have had the same problem. All lights on Telstra modem green except the Mobile mode light. In one case it took several NBN tech visits before one NBN Technician checked the codes. If you have already raised a complaint with Telstra suggest you contact the TIO.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more