Blenheim
Level 1: Cadet

Opening ports on Netgear Ultimate modem to make Foxtel On Demand download service work

I have 40GB Naked Cable broandband package and Foxtel by Telstra (IQ2 HD) and a Netgear Ultimate modem.  The broadband service is working well, both wired and wireless. Foxtel is working fine apart from the following issue.

When I try to download a TV show or movie via the Foxtel On Demand service via the broadband service it tells me that I'm unable to because I don't have an internet connection.  When I run the Network Test option on the Foxtel Box it says that the network test was unsuccessful. However, when I go to the Network Setup menu it is clear that the Foxtel box is successfully connected to the internet (at 100Mbps). I went through the diagnostics with Foxtel tech support and they confirmed the Foxtel box is connected to the internet but advised that I call Telstra tech support as the following ports on my modem needed to be opened for the On Demand download service via the broadband connection to work: 

UDP Port 33222 Catalogue

TCP Port 33111 Purchases/Callback

CDMTCP Port 80 HTTP Video and images     (I may have written this one down incorrectly)

After a fruitless 2.5 hours on the phone to Telstra Technical Support they told me that I would need to pay either Telstra (via the Platinum Service) or a third party to make the changes to the configuration of my modem. I explained that as I had ordered Telstra Cable Broadband using a Foxtel supplied modem and Foxtel from Telstra that the products should work together and that it was Telstra's problem to solve at its cost, not mine, particularly as I'm fully paying for a service that I'm unable to use. I've had Foxtel on demand using IQ2HD and cable broadband with an identical modem at a previous address and the download service worked perfectly so I know that it can work.

So I am reduced to trying to solve the problem myself so if anyone out there can explian how I can log in to my Netgear modem and make the changes myself (or an alternative solution) I would be very very appreciative.

Thanks 

ps I'm going to post the same message on the Foxtel board as well.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
TheWanderer38
Level 16: Secret Agent

Re: Opening ports on Netgear Ultimate modem to make Foxtel On Demand download service work

Hi

I don't know the exact T&C's for the products you've purchased, but it sounds to me like this might be worth getting advice from a consumer affairs/advice organisation?

good luck

cheers

Blenheim
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Opening ports on Netgear Ultimate modem to make Foxtel On Demand download service work

Thanks but i'm looking  to solve the technical issue.

Anyone able to help?

DanK
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I can flag this post for our tech team to look at, however they have gone home for the long weekend so it will not be addressed until Monday.

The modem and Foxtel service should work together without difficulty. Have you tried factory resetting the modem?

You may want to check this site out for help http://portforward.com/

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
richardf-f
Level 3: Gumshoe

i have exactly same issue. did u resolve yours

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more