Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Port Fowarding problem

Recently my modem's UPnP feature hasn't been auto port fowarding and trying to manually port foward also isn't working. The only work around i've found is to turn my modem off and back on, but eventually stops port fowarding the next day. I've also noticed my vpn doesn't connect properly and some sites that could be accessed before cant be accessed now.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Port Fowarding problem

What is the model of the modem and what colour are the lights on the modem.

Highlighted

telstra smart modem gen 2, all lights are on with the exception of mobile mode.

Highlighted

The Gen 2 Modem is currently receiving updated firmware. It might be this firmware that is causing your problem. There are two models of Gen 2 modem, the LH1000 model is being updated to 0.11.11r and the DJA0231 model is being updated to 18.1.c.0514-950-RA. The Firmware No is displayed on left hand side of modem's log in page.

Highlighted

My firmware on the DJA0231 model is currently 18.1.c.0514-950-RB. hopefully when it updates it reconfigures itself with normal settings i guess

Highlighted

18.1.c.0514-950-RB is a later version firmware than 18.1.c.0514-950-RA. I might have been given the wrong information about the version number of the latest firmware. My modem is still on 18.1.c.0462-950-RB. This firmware was only released about three weeks ago. When did you first notice the problems with UPNP,  port forwarding and VPN?

Highlighted

about 5 days ago. it started happening the day after when someone in the household changed the modem channel because their device couldn't detect our internet connection (this was the only thing that was changed). I've also tried factory resetting the modem aswell nothing seems to fix it.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more