Steve_The_Pom
Level 2: Rookie

Power Supply for Telstra Smart Modems with battery back-up

Answered

Hi,

I have just received the battery back-up devise for Smart Modems, I ordered it with points from my Telstra Plus account. I have a Generation 2 Smart Modem but the current power supply is hard-wired into modem, there is no external socket to change over the power supplies. Please advise, or do I just return the batery back-up device and recoup my points?

Thank you in advance, Cheers.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Power Supply for Telstra Smart Modems with battery back-up

The power cord on your Smart Modem should be able to be unplugged (it just comes already plugged in).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Hello ....I have 2 of these, and the modem's AC power socket does remove if you turn the modem  upside down. Though, confusingly, from the front it looks fixed.   The battery's plug in is more "agricultural" once the base is exposed.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

The power cord on your Smart Modem should be able to be unplugged (it just comes already plugged in).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Hello ....I have 2 of these, and the modem's AC power socket does remove if you turn the modem  upside down. Though, confusingly, from the front it looks fixed.   The battery's plug in is more "agricultural" once the base is exposed.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

Steve_The_Pom
Level 2: Rookie

Thank you Jupiter and ProfessorPhone for your prompt replies. when the Gen 2 arrived way back the supply was already plugged in so I was not aware it was removable although I do recall thinking it was strange. All setup and unit is charging, Thanks again. :-)

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more