Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Printing and New Modem

Answered

I have a Epson Stylus Photo TX810FW printer and I can not get it to work on the Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2 with Voice Backup. The printer was working on my modem but since the switch it doesn't want to print anymore.

Please Help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Printing and New Modem

I worked out a solution. i have connect the printer to my desktop via a cable and printing from my laptop via the printer that is connected to the other computer. 

Not he best solution but its it kind of working. 

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the printer driver on the PC.

What is the model of the modem DJA0231 or LH1000?

Are you connecting to modem by WiFi or Ethernet cable?

Are there any error messages?

Highlighted

My desktop which runs windows 7 isn't working anymore. I thought it might have been a windows 10 issues but when the other computer wasn't working i thought it might have been the modem.

Its the DJA0231. And everything is connected through the wifi. I have Tried numerous times reinstalling drivers. And no error messages. Edit It says there a commiuncation error but the printer is connected to the modem as the modem is telling me that the device is connected but is it not picking up the printer as a printer.

I could print without issue with the old modem and that was the Gateway F@st 5355

Highlighted

The DJA0231 has an extra WiFi security feature that not be compatible with your printer called Protected Management Frames (PMF). Suggest you log into modem h(//192.168.0.1, password is Telstra), go to Advanced > WiFi > 2.4 GHz, look for Protected Management Frames, set to disabled, save settings and disconnect and reconnect printer.

Another thing to check ON PC is that the WiFi network is set to private.

Highlighted

Still not working I tried that and still saying there is a communication error.

Highlighted

Have you completely uninstalled the printer software on the PC using control panel then reinstalling the software and setting up the printer again?

Highlighted

Yes changed the setting in the modem and reinstalled the printer. Even turned the modem off. 

It just doesn’t want to work. Smiley Sad knowing my luck the modem just doesn’t want to work with my old printer 

Highlighted

Can you ping the printer from the the PC using the printers IP address?

https://www.howtogeek.com/355664/how-to-use-ping-to-test-your-network/#:~:text=In%20Windows%2C%20hit...

Highlighted

Ping the modem tells me 4 packets sent and 4 received. 

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

I worked out a solution. i have connect the printer to my desktop via a cable and printing from my laptop via the printer that is connected to the other computer. 

Not he best solution but its it kind of working. 

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more