Acurse888
Level 2: Rookie

PS3 not connecting to Telstra Cable Gateway Max C6300

I just upgraded from the Telstra Cable Home Network Gateway [CG3100D] to the new Telstra Gateway Max [C6300] and everything (almost) has re-connected perfectly / streaming nice & quick.

Now my PS3 has WI-FI connection issues which I've never experienced before with all the previous modem/routers.  I'm getting the following PS3 error codes : 80130128, 8001000A and 80010201. 

After hours of reading forums etc and trying all the PS3-related suggestions it seems the problem may be leading to the new modem/router and I'm hoping someone out there has a solution! 

So this is what's happening on the PS3.... 

I'm able to scan and find the SSID and connect to the WI-FI network, however at the last moment when it's trying to obtain an IP address, that's when it fails and issues one the above error codes.  I have rebooted (hard and soft) many times, reset the default settings many times and even rebuit the HDD, as some forums suggested, but none of these have worked.

And so, on the new modem/router, I've tried the following...

Manually connect and allocate a dedicated IP (this fails also with one of the above codes)

Added (enabled) the PS3 to the Wireless Card Access List

Checked that parental controls aren't blocking anything (as suggested in one forum)

I know people will suggest to try an ethernet connection to see if that works instead of WI-FI, but it's almost impossible as the router and PS3 are (and always were) a few rooms away from each other.   By the way, I found that someone had already tried this (and the ethernet didn't work either) so that's why that person (and now me) believe it may be the actual modem/router since that's the only thing that's changed in the past few days.

Hope someone can help...

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: PS3 not connecting to Telstra Cable Gateway Max C6300

There is a new modem firmware being rolled out shortly, so please wait until your modem has been updated before you try again. 

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Internet-KB/Firmware-update-Cable-Telstra-Gateway-Max-...

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Acurse888
Level 2: Rookie

Hi Shelly_Telstra

The lastest update to the modem firmware has been applied and so I tried again to connect the Playstation PS3, however, I'm still getting the same time-out error when trying to obtain an IP address.

Not sure what could be the next steps?

-- Acurse888

Brodie_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Acurse,

I don't have much troubleshooting we can do for this unfortunately. I was able to find a few threads on the Playstation website. Have you tried any of those? (for example: http://goo.gl/LN5fUC)

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more