Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

put Arcadyan LH1000 into bridge mode

Answered

Hi 

I have a Telstra Gen2 SmartModem (Arcadyan LH1000)

Please can you tell me how to put it into bridge mode

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: put Arcadyan LH1000 into bridge mode

many thanks for your help

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Instructions for how to put modem in Bridge mode are in section 14 of the document linked in this post.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/modems-hardware/telstra-smart-modem-gen-2-arcadyan-version-lh...

Highlighted

thanks for the quick reply

I’d seen that manual earlier in the day (very useful) but my issue is that when I follow those steps I get a similar page except above the tabs (internet access / LTE / WAN services) I have a message telling me that I’m not connected to the internet and below them is no bridge mode option (see attached screenshot)

the smartmodem that I’m trying to make into a bridge isn’t connected to the internet -- it’s only connected to my iMac with an ethernet cable (LAN)

my household internet is provided via a second smartmodem, of the exact same make : the reason I have two is that when I moved house earlier this year Telstra sent me a new one even though I had brought the one from old house which was almost as new as the new one (very wasteful). I'm on the NBN.

up until this week I was happy with the one smartmodem, but a family member has come to stay and the wifi doesn’t reach them well so I’m looking to use the old smartmodem as a bridge to extend the wifi

I realise that a simpler method is to buy a wifi extender but I’m loathed to see a perfectly good smartmodem go to ‘landfil'

Highlighted

The modem can't be used as a WiFi Bridge. It has to be connected to main modem by LAN cable. 

If you have an Ethernet cable between the two modem's you could set it up as a WiFi access point as per section 33

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

many thanks for your help

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more