Vitara
Level 4: Private Eye

QoS now on Technicolor Modem?

Answered

Have noticed since recent firmware upgrade to 20.3c.0389-MR20-RA on my Technicolor DJA0231, that there is now a "Priority" column in the Advanced>Devices list window.

Does this now mean a QoS setting is available on this modem? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: QoS now on Technicolor Modem?

QOS has been available on modem since firmware update 18.1.c.0543-950-RA September 2020. The QOS are hidden unless game optimizer is enabled. The settings are also visible on modems with custom firmware installed.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
15 REPLIES 15
cf4
Accepted Solution

QOS has been available on modem since firmware update 18.1.c.0543-950-RA September 2020. The QOS are hidden unless game optimizer is enabled. The settings are also visible on modems with custom firmware installed.

View solution in original post

Vitara

I have not seen this setting in any previous firmware versions.  I do not use QoS and I do not use Game Optimiser, but I have seen previous posts on this support blog that QoS was not enabled by Telstra in the Technicolor DJA0231 modem.   I am referring to the ""Priority "column in the attached diagram.  Some devices are shown as ""OFF".

cf4

You will notice that the devices that have priority turned off are only the connected devices. This is because unless game optimizer is enabled and a device has been give a QOS priority all connected devices have equal priority. The settings for QOS are only available if game optimizer is enabled. The modem does have QOS settings but they hare hidden.

Mkrtich
Level 21: Augmented

Hi - just checking your firmware status which I haven't seen as a released version as yet. Mine is 20.3.c 0329-MR19-RB and it does not display a QoS status or Edit button. The DJA0231 is connected as a secondary modem to an Arcadyan via the WAN port of the Technicolor, so I don't know if that makes a difference. Another difference is that Game Optimiser button is not Enabled but it is showing a Grey dot instead or the Red dot that the Arcadyan modem uses. 

cf4

Are you able to change the priority when you select the edit button?

Vitara

When I select the edit button on devices showing "off", there is an option to slide the selection to "on".

For devices NOT showing "off", there is no option to change the setting  - just a blank space.

Vitara

Hi Mkrtich

I do not have a game optimizer button and the DJA0231 is the sole modem on my system.  Maybe that is why your firmware has not yet been updated on the secondary unit.  There is no window or grey dot to enable the game optimizer.  Presumably, this option is only activated when a game optimizer is required by a game program?.

The 20.3.c.0389-MR20-RA firmware was only updated in the last week.

Mkrtich

Thanks for confirmation and good to know of an impending firmware update. My Game Optimiser button is only an indicator status on the Log-In screen of the modem - it will only become active if you subscribe to the service and Telstra turns it ON remotely - it will go green then. I have had modems update when connected as a secondary modem, but it is a random event. Currently keeping it that way to test the Log Events file storage capability - another OP can only get 4 days worth of events.  

Vitara

HI Mkrtich,

Thanks for the reply.  Your clarification of the Game Optimiser status and the modem login screen is appreciated.

Mkrtich

@Vitara @cf4 @MTBnut 

My test modem updated to 20.3.c.0389-MR20-RA this morning at 1:14 am but I only got 45 seconds of Export All Log entries. In the log entries, there was a line which may explain the QoS setting showing in Devices and other recently reported changes to memory allocations in the Technicolor DJA0231 and DJA0230. 

It appears the the QoS setting may be a preparatory change for a future firmware feature or tile as QoS which will require more than just an On or OFF switch. It reads "COS priority method config not supported yet". There were many entries that I have not seen before dealing with memory allocation sizes and I don't know if that explains why previous limits have mysteriously changed - I have not looked into that space before. 

In case you haven't read the post, attaching a thread regarding assocaited Log function changes for your interest. 

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/modems-hardware/dja0231-new-firmware-has-broken-log-export-fu...  

Vitara

HI Mkrtich,

Thanks for the heads up.  Will keep revisiting this thread.

JohnDodson
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Re: Discussion: Arcadyan Firmware Update Notes

To keep up with updates I have some code that checks the version number on the modem every night.

today I get... (Both my modems changed overnight, or at least between 1am yesterday - I need more granularity

obviously)

FirmwareNumber differ! Today=20.3.c.0389-MR20-RA
                   Yesterday=20.3.c.0329-MR19-RB
Tue Nov 30 01:00:01 AEDT 2021

I am using...

Modem Make Model
Technicolor DJA0231

It raises the obvious questions, what changed, how significant is it?
One thing seems to be an item in "Advanced/Devices" for each device that allows setting of "Priority" On/Off
I do not recall it being there before!
What does it mean, where is it documented - where are the release notes?

Thanks for the frustration Telstra!
John
Vitara

John,

Suggest you go back to the start of this thread and review responses from cf4 and Mkrtich.

Incidentally, there are no release notes from Telstra on any of the updates!!

Regrettably, there is also no provision to back up your settings!!

Mkrtich

Hi - with apologies to  @JohnDodson  . I moved his thread from the Arcadyan Discussion thread to here to maintain consistency, so he would not have been aware of all the above postings when he originally wrote his post into the Arcadyan Discussion Group. 

JohnDodson
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Thanks for that...

I was not aware I had game optimisation on, so as is pointed out earlier (I've read a little now 😉

it's probably been brought on by the update.

John

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more